VFX Artist (Unity VFX & Shaders)
We’re looking for a professional visual effect artist to help us with our new game Hiboka. The game is a third person survival horror game base on Malgasy folklore and set around the middle of the last century. We’re aiming for a horrific yet beautiful setting done with a pseudo-realistic / hand-painted style to give it a pleasing look.
We are looking for someone that can create specific particle effect in Unity and create original shaders with AmplifyShader.
- Create VFX that fit an horroric setting using Unity’s Shuriken particle system.
- Create custom Shaders using the node based editors AmplifyShader.
- Ensure that a consistent art style is maintained across the game.
- This is a paid part-time freelance position.
- You are very comfortable with VFX creation and Unity.
- You released 1 game in the past and you can produce 1 recommendation either on your LinkedIn profile or as a recommendation letter from a recent project.
- You are willing to follow our studio technical guidelines when producing assets.
- You are willing to work remotely and meet at least once a week in person or over voice chat to share feedback.
- You are willing to take criticism and work with the game designer if changes need to be made.
- You are committed to produce assets regularly until the end of the project.
- You are professional and you deliver on deadlines.
- You like horror games.
- You know a little bit about us.
Who are we?
Flying Carpets Games is an independent video game studio founded in Montreal on July 2012. We released a first action-adventure game called The Girl and the Robot on the PS4, Wii U and Steam, and now we are working on a second game. We are very passionate about the craft of making game and we are looking for people with the same passion.
If you are interested and want to hear more about our project, please send me a link to your portfolio to:
Salim at info[at]flyingcarpetsgames.com (replace [at] by @)