Hi! We’re looking for a professional UI artist to help us with our new game Hiboka. The game is a third person survival horror game base on Malagasy folklore and set around the middle of the last century. We are aiming for a horrific yet beautiful setting done with a pseudo-realistic / hand-painted style to give it a pleasing look.
We are looking for someone that can sketch and produce UI art assets (menu screens, item pictures, icons, animated elements, etc.).
- Sketch and produce UI art assets following the UI design. This consist in helping the game designer decide on a visual style for the menus with sketches, and also producing art assets once the design is decided (menu elements, icons, items pictures, etc.).
- Ensure that a consistent art style is maintained across the game.
- This is a paid part-time freelance position. Work would be done remotely.
- You are comfortable with an illustration software (Photoshop is preferred but not required).
- You are comfortable making stylistic menu assets (icons, pictures, etc.).
- The job will require to sometime create asset from Madagascar with reference pictures such as statues, artifacts, tools, etc.
- You have good taste when combining colors together.
- You released 1 game in the past and/or you can produce 1 recommendation from a peer either on your LinkedIn profile or as a recommendation letter from a recent project.
- You are willing to follow our studio technical guidelines when producing assets.
- You are willing to work remotely and meet at least once a week in person or over voice chat to share feedback.
- You are willing to take criticism and work with the team if changes need to be made.
- You are committed to produce assets regularly until the end of the project.
- You are professional and you deliver on deadlines.
- You like horror games.
- You like African art.
- You know a little bit about us (read below).
Who are we?
Flying Carpets Games is an independent video game studio founded in Montreal on July 2012. We released a first action-adventure game called The Girl and the Robot on the PS4, Wii U and Steam, and now we are working on a second game. We are very passionate about the craft of making game and we are looking for people with the same passion.
The horror game we’re now working on is called Hiboka; you can check out the initial pitch and other assets in our press kit!
If you have a windows PC, you can also check our latest build here.
If you are interested and want to hear more about our project, please send me a link to your portfolio to:
Salim at info[at]flyingcarpetsgames.com (replace [at] by @)