We are looking for a professional 3D Character Rigger to help us with our new game. The game is a third person survival horror game base on Malagasy folklore and set around the middle of the last century.
We are looking for someone that can rig our 3D characters.
- Create the rig of 15-20 characters capable of a wide array of actions and facial expression.
- This is a paid part-time freelance position.
- You are comfortable with 3ds Max (preferred), Maya or Blender.
- You are comfortable rigging humanoid and unconventional creatures.
- You are comfortable rigging for facial animation.
- You are comfortable rigging clothing.
- You released 1 game in the past and you can produce 1 recommendation from a peer either on your LinkedIn profile or as a recommendation letter from a recent project.
- You are willing to follow our studio technical guidelines when producing assets.
- You are willing to work remotely and meet at least once a week in person or over voice chat to share feedback.
- You are willing to take criticism and work with the game designer, character artist and animator if changes need to be made.
- You are committed to produce assets regularly until the end of the project.
- You are professional and you deliver on deadlines.
- You like horror games.
- You have experience using Unity.
- You have knowledge of 3D animation.
- You know a little bit about us.
Who are we?
Hello, I’m Salim an indie game designer and the founder of Flying Carpets Games, an independent video game studio founded in Montreal on July 2012. My studio released a first action-adventure game called The Girl and the Robot on the PS4, Wii U and Steam, and now we are working on a second game. We are very passionate about the craft of making game and we are looking for people with the same passion.
If you are interested and want to hear more about our project, please send me a link to your portfolio to:
Salim at info[at]flyingcarpetsgames.com (replace [at] by @)
Also, please understand that due to the number of applications, we might not always reply back.