Hi! We’re looking for a professional Sound Designer to help us with our new game. The game is a third person survival horror game base on Malagasy folklore and set around the middle of the last century. We are aiming for a horrific yet beautiful setting with music that can have a mix of western and Malagasy influences.
- Create and integrate adaptive sound effects.
- Create and integrate adaptive ambient sounds and melodies.
- Create audio tracks for cutscenes.
- Review and live-edit audio in-game for proper mixing.
- Potentially work with other music composer in order to make their music adaptive.
- This is a paid part-time freelance position. Work would be done remotely.
- You are familiar with concepts of Adaptive Audio and with FMOD.
- You are comfortable working with the programmer to make sure the event of the adaptive audio work well in the game.
- The job will require to sometime create sounds from Madagascar based on music instruments from that region.
- You released 1 game in the past and/or you can produce 1 recommendation from a peer either on your LinkedIn profile or as a recommendation letter from a recent project.
- You are willing to follow our studio technical guidelines when producing assets.
- You are willing to work remotely and meet at least once a week in person or over voice chat to share feedback.
- You are willing to take criticism and work with the team if changes need to be made.
- You are committed to produce assets regularly until the end of the project.
- You are professional and you deliver on deadlines.
- You like horror games.
- You like to create horrific music and sound.
- You like to create African music and sound.
- You have a bit of experience using Unity.
- You know a little bit about us.
Who are we?
Flying Carpets Games is an independent video game studio founded in Montreal on July 2012. We released a first action-adventure game called The Girl and the Robot on the PS4, Wii U and Steam, and now we are working on a second game. We are very passionate about the craft of making game and we are looking for people with the same passion.
If you are interested and want to hear more about our project, please send me a link to your portfolio to:
Salim at info[at]flyingcarpetsgames.com (replace [at] by @)
Also, please understand that due to the number of applications, we might not always reply back.