We are looking for a professional Level artist to help us with our new game. The game is a third person survival horror game base on Malagasy folklore and set around the middle of the last century. We are aiming for a horrific yet beautiful setting done with a hand-painted style to give it a pleasing look.
We are looking for someone that can add beautiful details and textures to the grey boxes (basic geometry) of our designer.
- Model details and add hand-painted texture to the grey boxes of existing levels.
- Model and texture props to add to the level.
- Keep the level’s poly count optimal to ensure a high frame rate in game.
- Ensure that a consistent art style is maintained across the game.
- This is a paid part-time freelance position.
- You are comfortable with Blender or willing to learn it for yourself.
- You are comfortable making hand-painted textures.
- You are comfortable modeling classic architecture and various vegetation.
- You released 1 game in the past and you can produce 1 recommendation either on your LinkedIn profile or as a recommendation letter from a recent project.
- You have good taste when combining colors together.
- You are willing to follow our studio technical guidelines when producing assets.
- You are willing to work remotely and meet at least once a week in person or over voice chat to share feedback.
- You are willing to take criticism and work with the game designer and audio designer if changes need to be made.
- You are committed to produce assets regularly until the end of the project.
- You are professional and you deliver on deadlines.
- You like horror games.
- You like classic architecture.
- You have experience using Unity.
- You know a little bit about us.
Who are we?
Hello, I’m Salim an indie game designer and the founder of Flying Carpets Games, an independent video game studio founded in Montreal on July 2012. My studio released a first action-adventure game called The Girl and the Robot on the PS4, Wii U and Steam, and now we are working on a second game. We are very passionate about the craft of making game and we are looking for people with the same passion.
If you are interested and want to hear more about our project, please send me a link to your portfolio to:
Salim at info[at]flyingcarpetsgames.com (replace [at] by @)
Also, please understand that due to the number of applications, we might not always reply back.