Hi! We’re looking for a professional 3D Character Artist to help us with our new game. The game is a third person survival horror game base on Malagasy folklore and set around the middle of the last century. We’re aiming for a horrific yet beautiful setting done with a hand-painted style to give it a pleasing look.
- Create 5-10 appealing characters and monsters capable of a wide array of actions and facial expression.
- Ensure that a consistent art style is maintained across the game.
- This is a paid part-time freelance position.
- You are comfortable with Blender (preferred), Maya or 3DS Max.
- You released at least 1 game in the past and you can produce at least 1 recommendation either on your LinkedIn profile or as a recommendation letter from a recent project.
- You are comfortable making hand-painted textures.
- You have good taste when combining colors together.
- You are willing to follow our studio technical guidelines when producing assets.
- You are willing to work remotely and meet at least once a week in person or over voice chat to share feedback.
- You are willing to take criticism and work with the game designer, technical artist and animator if changes need to be made.
- Schedule is not strict since characters are not the bottle neck (about 1 character/2 months), but you are committed to produce assets regularly until the end of the project.
- You are professional and you deliver on deadlines.
- You like horror games.
- You have experience using Unity.
- You have few knowledge of rigging and 3D animation.
- You know a little bit about us.
Who are we?
Flying Carpets Games is a independent video game studio founded in Montreal on July 2012. We released a first action-adventure game called The Girl and the Robot on the PS4, Wii U and Steam, and now we are working on a second game. We are very passionate about the craft of making game and we are looking for people with the same passion.
The horror game we’re now working on is called Hiboka; you can check out the initial pitch and other assets in our press kit!
If you are interested and want to hear more about our project, please send me a link to your portfolio to:
Salim at info[at]flyingcarpetsgames.com (replace [at] by @)
Also, please understand that due to the number of applications, we might not always reply back.