Hi! We’re looking for a professional Music Composer to help us with our new game Hiboka. The game is a third person survival horror game base on folklore from Madagascar and set around the middle of the last century. We are aiming for a horrific yet beautiful setting with music and ambient sound that can have a mix of western and Malagasy influences.
- Compose adaptive music tracks.
- Work with the sound designer and game designer in order to make their adaptive music work in different context in-game.
- This is a paid part-time freelance position. Work is done remotely and/or in person.
- You are familiar or willing to learn concepts of Adaptive Audio.
- You are comfortable working with others to make sure the music works well in the game.
- The job will require to sometime create pieces based on music instruments from Madagascar. This can be authentic or simulated.
- You released 1 game in the past and/or you can produce 1 recommendation from a peer either on your LinkedIn profile or as a recommendation letter from a recent project.
- You are willing to follow our studio technical guidelines when producing assets.
- You are willing to work remotely and meet once a week in person or online to share feedback.
- You are willing to take criticism and work with the team if changes need to be made.
- You are committed to produce assets regularly until the end of the project.
- You are professional and you deliver on deadlines.
- You like horror games.
- You like to create horrific melodies.
- You have an interest in African melodies.
- You have a bit of experience using FMOD.
- You know a little bit about us.
Who are we?
Flying Carpets Games is an independent video game studio founded in Montreal on July 2012. We released a first action-adventure game called The Girl and the Robot on the PS4, Wii U and Steam, and now we are working on a second game. We are very passionate about the craft of making game and we are looking for people with the same passion.
The horror game we’re now working on is called Hiboka; you can check out the initial pitch and other assets in our press kit!
If you have a windows PC, you can also check our latest build here.
If you are interested and want to hear more about our project, please send me a link to your portfolio to:
Salim at info[at]flyingcarpetsgames.com (replace [at] by @)
Also, please understand that due to the number of applications, we might not always reply back.